HSE (HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT) POLICY
Oretol Nigeria Limited is committed to the highest standards of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality in its operations. Our objective is to provide a healthy work environment, to promote sound work practices and a healthy lifestyle for everyone involved in our business. Our goal is also to ensure that everyone who comes into our work environment arrives home healthy and safe at the end of each day.
Therefore, effective project planning and considerations with specific relevance to protection of life, property and environment are critical issues to its concern in its project execution and implementation.
Our commitment to Health and Safety is reflected through:
• The elimination of all forms of hazard and the preservation of the health and safety of our employees, sub-contractors and third parties.
• Carrying out an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) prior to the commencement of any project or use of any machinery.
• Compliance with all relevant and applicable HSE legislation, regulations, client policies and procedures, industry standards and relevant external international standards.
• Maintenance of plant and equipment in safe and proper condition.
• Investigation of any accident to ascertain causes in order to eliminate them and forestall future occurrence.
• Insurance of strict compliance of its sub-contractors with the terms of this policy.
• Recognition of excellence in safety and the provision of a safe and secure work environment.
• Establishment of a good rapport with the members of the host communities and other persons that may be affected by Oretol’s activities.
The personal safety and health of all our employees and stakeholders is our greatest responsibility.
The HSE Department of Oretol promotes the health, safety and security of all its employees through raising awareness, prudently managing risks and changes, promoting a strong culture of safety, setting appropriate goals and continuously improving the skills and competencies of our people by means of tailor-made programmes.